How to Improve Google Ranking of my website?
Is this the same question for which you are roaming all over the web to find an answer for? Perhaps, you are tired of seeing tricky results of Google Keyword Planner. If this is happening to you then you are not alone. Well, I have a good news for you like always.
Let me take the pleasure in introducing an effective SEO tool RankWatch. This tool helps you analyze the performance of your chosen keywords with the actionable data to improve the ranking of your content or to get the most out of your digital marketing campaigns.
Step-1: Create a RankWatch account
Normally, RankWatch provides only one month trial after you signup. But, by using this promo page link, you will get 6 months access 🙂
1. After creating the account just go to your inbox and look for the confirmation email. After confirmation, you will be displayed with the options to create your project. Here you will also get a popup dialogue box in front of you, click “YES” option and you will be presented with the video tutorial of RankWatch tool.
2. After watching the tutorial, close the video dialogue box and enter your website/blog address in the domain name field provided.
3. Project name in the project field provided.
4. Select the Search Engine as “Google” and click “+Add Engine” button.
5. Select your country.
6. Toggle options for City based tracking and local organic searches.
7. Click ‘Next’
Step 2: Add keywords to analyse
On the next page, you will be displayed with option to enter your keywords which you are currently using on your website or search engine marketing campaigns.
1. Add a particular keyword or multiple keywords which you are currently using on your website. After that, click “Save & Track” button at the bottom right corner. The keyword rankings will be displayed in the graph for the current date. The keyword rankings are displayed with respect to the page numbers of google search.
2. To add more keywords on the later stage, just click on the “Edit/Add Keywords” button on the top of the page.
Step 3: Analyse specific keywords
1. Click on the “Keyword Overview” tab from the left panel.
2. From the drop-down list, select the particular keyword for which you want to get the analysis.
Step 4: Identify related keywords
Now to identify keywords related to the specific keyword which you have analysed in the above step, then you just have to click on the “Related Keywords” sub-menu displayed below the “Keyword Overview” tab. It may display you a notification to wait for 24 hours until the related keywords are displayed.
Step 5: Go through the keyword archives
When you click on the “Keyword Archives” sub-menu displayed right below the “Related Keywords” sub-menu. Here, you can see the websites and ads which are using the same keyword as yours. You can go through all the sites and identify the way they are using the particular keyword to rank well.
Step 6: Identify the competitors
Click on the “Competitors” tab from the left panel. It will display the list of competitors to you.
Step 7: Analyse your website/blog for improvement aspects
1. Click on the “Research” tab from the left panel, then click “Website Analyser” tab.
2. Enter any URL from your website i.e. the homepage or any internal page or post and click ‘submit’.
3. After that RankWatch will display the aspects which require action from your side.
Step 8: Get keyword suggestions
1. Click on the “Keyword Suggestion” sub-menu right below the “Website Analyser” sub-menu.
2. Enter any particular keyword for which you need to have related keywords and click “submit”
3. It will display you the list of better performing keywords and display the CPC, search volume, and search trend for each keyword.
4. You can click on the keywords which you want to use and add them to your Rankwatch tracking list by click on “+Start Tracking” option listed in the last column of each keyword.
5. To view your RankWatch keyword tracking list, just click on the “Keyword Overview” tab in from the left panel.
While attending industry meetups and conducting training, the most common question that I come across every time is ‘How to Improve Google Ranking?’. Recently, I have also received quite a few questionable feedbacks regarding Google Keyword Planner which say “The keyword planner has become ineffective”, “The keyword planner is not showing absolute keywords” and much more. Indeed, it is happening and to resolve this issue I thought of compiling crisp information to help people analyse the keywords they have researched before deploying them in their campaigns. And ultimately achieve better results.
If you are new to blogging or looking for ways to write effective articles then you might wanna read one of my previous posts on 8 Keys to Write Effective and Quality Articles.